My dad absolutely loves a nice peanut brittle and that is exactly what I intended to make.
This recipe definitely tested my patience! The recipe I used was for the microwave (WHAT a flop and a sticky mess that was), and the second one I tried on the stove top and the caramel burnt! So much aaaarrrgh!
This was not going to stop me and I found one more recipe and for my 3rd attempt… I was successful!
Here is the recipe:
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light corn syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
• Beforehand set aside your cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Trust me there is no time to look for the ingredients when you’re busy.
• Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
• Add the sugar and light corn syrup in a pot over a low medium heat. Allow the sugar to melt until it is light golden colour.
• Take it off the stove and immediately add your cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda mix. Mix it all together.
• Now add your butter vanilla essence (I did not have vanilla extract) and your nuts.
• The syrup will start to cool down and become very sticky so pour it in your baking tray as soon as possible.
• Allow to cool down for 2 hours.
• Break it up in small pieces and enjoy.
Planning on making it?
If yes, remember to a) post a pic on my Instagram or Facebook account b) tag me @crafteeb and c) hashtag #crafteeb or let me know your thoughts below in the comment section.